From the Editor's Desk.
Welcome to the October edition of the itSMF Singapore Newsletter!
Since the last newsletter in July, we have been working diligently to deliver on our commitment to increase value to members. For starters, we have done an exercise to review and revise the pricing model of our publications services. This is the start of several initiatives to be refined overtime in the hope that the itSMF online book store will be your first port of call for ITSM related publications. I also mentioned our hope to work synergistically with the other itSMF Chapters with the intent to improve knowledge sharing and enhance our repository of intellectual Capital. itSMF
Anne Tan, Council Member, Intellectual Capital and Publications Services
HAROLD PETERSEN ELECTED TO itSMF INTERNATIONAL EXECUTIVE BOARD - CONGRATULATIONS!
Harold Petersen, Honorary Treasurer of itSMF Singapore Chapter has been elected as Director to the itSMF International Executive Board. The itSMF International Executive Board is the separate International entity that provides an overall steering and support function to existing and emerging chapters. itSMF
A veteran in IT Service Management, Harold is the first to be elected to the itSMF International Executive Board in ASEAN. Do approach any one of the itSMF Singapore Council members if you have thoughts about potential areas of support from itSMF International. We wish Harold well in his new role. I am sure he will do a great job representing the interests of the smaller, international community in his capacity at the International Executive Board.
Harold is a regular speaker at events such as itSMF, ISACA, PMI, PM Asia and has written a number of whitepapers. The following articles on ITIL 2011 are contributions from Harold in his current capacity as Director and Principal Consultant of Lucid IT Pte Ltd.
Visit: www.itsmf.org.sg/ for a high level perspective of:
· ITIL 2011 versus ITIL V3 - the reasons and impact
· ITIL 2011 versus ITIL V3 - General enhancements
· Highlights of changes in each of the 5 core ITIL publications (Service Strategy, Service Design, Service Transition, Service Operations and Continual Service Improvement)
NEW PRICING STRUCTURE FOR PUBLICATIONS. ENJOY DISCOUNTS OF UP TO 40% ON POPULAR ITEMS FOR MEMBERS!
We are delivering on our commitment for improvements in the area of publications. As first instalment, we are pleased to announce a revision in pricing structure of some of the more popular items. Please visit our bookstore now to take advantage of potential savings of up to 40%: http://www.itsmf.org.sg/bookstore/index.jsp.
Check out these offers, for limited period only, whilst stocks last!
Offer: S$170 Offer: S$650 Offer: S$99
Above items are available ex-stock. Please contact the itSMF Secretariat, Crystal Tan at +65 6377 6630 or email CrystalTan@epc.com for immediate delivery.
The premier itSMF Australia LEADit 2011 National Conference was conducted in
As part of our initiative to improve collaboration and knowledge sharing, we have obtained itSMF
1. Exploration & Discovery - Service Management 101 (Beginner) - includes workshops that will help delegates understand the terminology, concepts and principles of the ITIL Service Management framework and provide insight into the processes and functions to successfully navigate the Service Management lifecycle.
2. Digging Deeper - Process, Pitfalls & Tips (Practitioner) - This stream is aimed at ITSM practitioners; delegates explore and examine case studies, share experiences and discuss lessons learned with industry experts providing practical hints on what worked and what didn't.
3. Protecting Your Investment - Governance & Security (Specialist
/ CIO) - This stream defines the business value created for organisations through the effective implementation of standards and best practice frameworks around the use of information management and technology.
4. Leading People - Recruit, Manage & Motivate (Staff Manager / CIO) - Drilling down into the People aspect of business, this stream will help managers at all levels recruit and retain the right resources for the right roles, recognise the potential of their people and understand the contribution they make to the success and future growth of the organisation.
5. Mining Information - Performance & Metrics (Analyst / Manager / CIO) - It is important to ensure that the IT services supporting business processes are continually realigned to their ever-changing needs. This stream discusses the critical importance of knowing what to measure, why to measure and how to apply the information to improve process and service effectiveness and efficiency, thereby demonstrating the value of IT to the business.
6. Engineer the Future - Architecture & Innovation (Innovator / CIO / CEO) - This stream focuses on new technologies, issues and processes on the horizon and their impact on organisations from an ITSM perspective, what Service Managers need to consider to manage new ideas, how to maximize return and how to leverage information to build the future.
What this means to the members is they will be notified of the itSMF
1. IT Service Management professionals to exchange ideas/ opinions through a common platform
2. To receive information on latest ITSM related course promotion (TBC),
3. To receive information on job opportunity (TBC)
Please make sure you have your social media account joining the below itSMF
Do you have any feedback on what you would like to see on the itSMF
Thanks to Toh Wee Keong Council Member of Web Services for this article.
Sometime in early 2011, itSMF Singapore Chapter invited Dr. Suzanne D. Van Hove (priSM Global Program Manager) to join us during our Annual General Meeting to share with us the interesting insights of priSM.
Although the target date of the priSM wave to hit AP region is before the end of 2011, some members have seen the benefits of the priSM and have already applied for the priSM credential through the Americas Regional priSM Institute. The numbers of the priSM Credential holders are increasing.
As we move forward here in
We would like to invite comments and feedback to be sent to email@example.com
For information on priSM, members can visit the following websites:
Thanks to Toh Wee Keong itSMF Singapore Chapter representative to priSM for this article.