» itSMF IT Service Management Global Survey report
IT Service Management Forum International (itSMF International), in collaboration with the National University of Singapore-Institute of Systems Science, is pleased to announce the publication of the 2017 itSMF IT Service Management Global Survey report.
As the latest survey in a global longitudinal study over the last 7 years, this survey report provides valuable information on the industry trends relating to IT service management and more importantly, the new needs of the ITSM community that will help to chart the future of ITSM.
Key highlights from the survey include:
• Need for update of ITIL
• Need to incorporate new areas such as Agile, DevOps, Management of Cloud Services and other new technologies, Lean IT
• Rise in demand for professionals qualified in these areas
• Steady rising maturity in ITIL adoption from 2010 to 2013 to 2017
• CSI remains the lowest adoption maturity while Service Operations has the highest maturity
• Small organisations are now as mature in ITSM tool adoption as large organisations
• However, small organisations still have a significant gap in ITSM practice adoption as compared to large organisations
Source: Press release from itSMF International (https://www.itsmfi.org/page/itSMFIGlobalReport?)
Full report will be made available to all delegates during the ITSM Leadership Summit 2018 conference. Watch out for it!